New York office
580 8th Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10018
681 Xiaomuqiao Road, 25th Floor
Shanghai, China 200032
We’re a design focused firm located in New York, with an office in Shanghai. We have projects located domestic and abroad, including urban and resort hotels, large-scale mixed-use development that includes office, residential and retail, super-tall towers, mid to high rise multi-family residential complexes.
AKAIA team is composed of a diverse group of architects from various backgrounds. We value ideas and creative thoughts from everyone and encourage all to engage in a collaborative process of finding the ultimate innovative design solution.
If you are creative and a critical thinker who always searches for innovative solutions and passionate about the sustainable built environment, then join AKAIA’s collaborative design practice as an Intermediate Designer to create memorable destinations and achieve great things together.
Qualifications and responsibilities
• 5-7 years’ experience in large-scale high end commercial development.
• A storyteller with strong design sensibility and conceptual imagination. working knowledge of design software such as: Sketchup and/or Rhino/Enscape / Revit.
• Experience with hospitality project (preferred).
• Experience with design and coordination of international projects (preferred).
• Experience with technical/construction methodology and detailing.
• The ability to produce coordinated design presentation packages from story board, diagrams, 3D models, renderings and/or walkthrough
• Experience producing high quality coordinated design documentation drawing set coupled with solid Revit skills is essential.
• Experience leading the coordination effort with consultants and working to distill the critical design intent elements.
• Possess a professional architecture degree (BArch or MArch).
• Working towards or possess a Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Architecture.
• Excellent ability to communicate graphically and face to face. A good listener and a team player.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup and MS office, Revit is a plus.
• Detail oriented and organized; willing to learn.